Popular Posts

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Making a Gingerbread House is a Christmas Tradition for me

My daughter and I have made a gingerbread house for the past 3 years, so I guess you can call it our Christmas tradition to make one every year.

We bought a house that was already made and we had to assemble it. We used the frosting as glue to hold the walls together.  It came with a lot of frosting ( 3 bags full), so we were sure to use lots of frosting, so our house doesn't fall over like it did last year.

Here are a few pictures:




This kit came with a lot of candy for decorating. We used a lot and still have some leftover.









Thanks for taking a look.  Do you make Gingerbread Houses for Christmas?

4 comments:

  1. Very nice. I can never get the walls to stand up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. We used lots and lots of frosting as glue. Then we waited one hour before putting on the roof. It came out much better than last year's model.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I have never made a Gingerbread House at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete